Friday, May 21, 2010

AF8 is simply the best...NOT! the worst.

AF8 is coming to an end tonight and I felt nothing. No excitement for the final concert. No sadness that they would not grace the TIVO every other night. The truth is this is the lamest AF ever if not the worst. No wonder Adlin put on his sour face every Saturday night. Just like AI (but I'll save my comment for another day). The thing is Norman is a great 'Pengetua'. They have the best teachers of all AFs except for Que maybe (Not that he is bad but he's too young and too cute to be a teacher). Their voices are not bad at all. Then why on earth didn't I have the same feelings as yester years before the final concerts??! This is what I think. THEY HAVE ZERO PERSONALITIES. And whose fault is that? The talent scouts of course. I watched how Deja Moss and Cikgu Shafi chose the contestants. Personally I don't know what the heck they were doing. Just when I thought a contestant has a good voice with a great personality, they would produce the red card. I am no Simon Cowell but I think I would know whether a contestant sings in tune or not. Bring back Iman Wan and Ajai for auditions. They would know who got the personality or not. The public want to watch a show with good singers and unique personality to go with. You better understand this ASTRO or you won't have any AF fan left. And please return to the old format... we miss all the melodrama and tears during elimination. This is not AI people. Malaysians like drama ok and its not Sarimah's fault you guys. Its Astro's!
And no more Jimmy's bashing please. He is doing a decent job with the limited time Astro give him. One hour and half with all the singing, jury's comment and gimmicks, he's practically breathless. With the songs cut short, I feel what others feel but I must say Norman & co did a great job compared to MI and OIAM.
The final concert is tonight and my vote is for Iwan. Hey don't judge me. Since all of them have the same so-so voice, at least he is cute. I don't think he would win though. He gets one good song and one lame song. It will go down to Shahir and Adira for the title. Happy Watching!


My shout-outs go to Joe Flizzow: There's nothing wrong with your choice of Killing Me Softly man. You just don't get it. It's the Malay rock song. Never ever change a rock song to R&B! We Malays hated it to the max.


1 comment:

  1. i love twillight too... lin, follow us at http://worldofamida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete