Saturday, May 29, 2010

I love Iron Man 2...

I went to watch Iron Man last week. Two things happened to me...
First, never trust the reviews. See it for yourself. I always tell myself this but somehow I got suck into somebody's opinion again and again. Iron Man was quite good actually and entertaining too.. There's never the problem of too many villains or too many subplots. Everything just gel together nicely. I never once got confused. Are the critics watching the same movie? In fact it was better than the first movie (except for Don Cheadle...) R.Downey was so much wittier. The action scenes were non-stop...contrary to the reviews. To those movie critics, get a life or make your own movie guys! Movies are for entertainment! If you want to be educated, read a book!
Having said that, I'm still wary of Eclipse. Yes, of course the trailers are awesome but so were New Moon's. But the film itself... so dissapointing. I read on Twitter that a few lucky fans, courtesy of Oprah, got to watch the rough cut and they love it. Of course this is from Twihards. After New Moon, I'm a sceptic. See... I love Twilight movie way more. I think Catherine Hardwicke really captured the characters' emotions. New Moon was a mess and I hate the hairdos. Twilight is the best! Cross my fingers for Eclipse.
Another thing was, I almost fell going down the steps after the movie. My hubby didn't help me at all but he just looked at me incredulously and asked, "Why did you trip?" ( Pasai pa nak jatuh!) And here an odd couple in front of us were holding hands all the way down. Instead of being angry at him I just want to laugh by the audacity of the situation. By the looks of it, they are not married yet. And people always say men treat women nicely when they are still bf and gf. But when they get married, all these gentlemanly gestures will go away. Is is true? As for my hubby, I blame myself. See, I still marry him although there was one day where I really fell and he just walked away. I should have left him right there and then!

My shoutouts to Twihards in Jitra and S.Petani : Let's us make sure they will screen Eclipse here. No more travelling to Penang just to watch the movie please.

No comments:

Post a Comment